Potomac Current

Potomac Current is a river of words both common and heretical on current events, politics, customer service, Potomac-area attractions, and advice for newcomers. Grab a boat and come along for the ride.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Well Done, Randy Pausch

I knew the late Randy Pausch (of "The Last Lecture" fame) in high school, and to make a long story short, he was accurate when he said during a TV interview that he used to bother the girls. I had to think that I was among those he recalled bothering. It was jaw-dropping to discover the kid I remembered all grown up and inspiring millions. He became such a fine person and it taught me a lesson about how much someone can grow. I'm glad to see that his legacy will live on, and one day his kids will enjoy and benefit from the treasure trove of wisdom and inspiration he intentionally left for them.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Coleman said...

I listed to his book on CD and it was an emotionally draining, yet uplifting experience at the same time. He had so many tidbits of wisdom weaved into this overarching legacy he was leaving for his children. It must be interesting to say the least to have known him in person and to have witnessed what he has become to so many people.

8/11/2009 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home